Los aditivos que prometen degradar los plásticos, sobre todos los artículos plásticos desechables y los empaques que utilizamos todos los días, suenan fabulosos, o no? Prometen por cualquier medio degradar aceleradamente un producto que esta hecho para resistir por muchos años. Son fáciles de utilizar. Pero probablemente no son tan buenos como crees.
Se han vuelto muy populares y se han posicionado con muchos fabricantes y comercios. La razón es que se promocionan como una opción sencilla, fácil y general. Son unos polvos mágicos que desaparecen el problema. Todos sabemos que, la mayoría de las veces, las soluciones fáciles y rápidas no suelen ser las mejores, sólo postergan el problema.
Hoy en día constantemente nos abruman con notas sobre el medio ambiente y como debemos ser más verdes.
Hay muchos problemas con estos aditivos. No funcionan como nos prometen, ya que las pruebas que demuestran están hechas en laboratorios. No resuelven el problema de manejo y menos aún presentan un beneficio al medio ambiente.Es necesario acciones que realmente resuelvan el problema.
Quisiera comparar a estos aditivos con los suplementos vitamínicos. Los fabricantes de estos suplementos los ofrecen e como la solución a nuestro estilo de vida actual. Que, independientemente de nuestra mala alimentación, con solo utilizarlos vamos a sentirnos mejor, estar más sanos y hasta vamos a estar mas felices. Es cierto? No, pero caemos porque en el fondo queremos estar mas sanos. Con una buena alimentación no se necesitan suplementos.
Es necesario degradar los plásticos?
In case you hadn’t noticed, this entire site is built on the premise that yes, you do need to take supplements in this modern age. The reasons we need to take supplements stem from modern living and how society has evolved. Let’s look at a few of the reasons why a high quality vitamin supplement is an absolute necessity today.
- We are more stressed than ever before. I think we can all admit that we get a little stressed out from time to time. Whether it’s the traffic jam making you late for work, being put on hold with your cable company, your kids, or worrying about your finances, there is always something to stress over. Your worry actually burns up valuable nutrients in your body and it is essential to replace them so that you can handle any future stress that comes your way, and also for your overall health and wellbeing.
- There is more pollution in the world. It doesn’t matter where you live, or what conditions you live in, we all suffer from some form of pollution. It can be the fumes from a car or place, chemicals used to treat water or cleaning products, pesticides on crops and even harmful toxins in your perfume or aftershave. The only way to stop these contaminants from clogging up your body is to give your liver the right nutrients in the right amounts to detoxify these chemicals and get rid of them from your body.
- Our food has a lot less nutrients in it. Even when compared with 50 years ago, there is a lot less vitamin and mineral content in our food. This happens because farmers have to push their crops further to turn a profit. Instead of replenishing the earth with the nutrients it needs to pass on to our fruit and vegetables, they use chemicals and other treatments that serve only to grow the plant while ignoring the nutritional content. Animals also have less nutritional content as their diet is grains which are grown on the fields with no decent nutrients in the soil. It’s a vicious circle!
- We don’t eat a balanced diet. We all live fast paced lives where we are always on the go, and often lack the time to prepare proper meals each and every day. When was the last time you ate a balanced diet for an entire week?
The need for daily supplements is crystal clear, but the question is what do you supplement with? I can tell you now that the answer is not generic one a day vitamins, but a well balanced supplement which gives you all the essential vitamins and minerals you need to fight off all types of illness and give you the energy and happiness to live a great life.
Cuál es el problema?
Los aditivos degradantes (oxo, bio, etc.) son un truco, una treta para hacernos creer que gracias a ellos nuestro estilo de vida es verde, que ya cambiamos y que no tenemos nada más que hacer por el medio ambiente.
One a Day vitamins are a gimmick that play on our hectic lifestyles. Of course it’s appealing to believe that one pill a day is all we need to be healthier. It lets you enjoy that Big Mac meal guilt free. The real reason why one a day vitamins don’t work though, is because they just can’t pack all the vitamins, minerals and special nutrients you need into one pill. Unless, of course, that pill was the size of an egg!
Almost all one a day vitamins have some form of coloring in them too. They have to make it look pretty and appeal to the masses, after all. These colors, often in the form of Titanium Dioxide on the label, do nothing to benefit your health and many people are actually allergic to them without even knowing it. They really are not necessary for the product, yet the color tends to help them sell better. We are visually stimulated creatures, after all!
Other ingredients you will find in one-a-days include sugars, artificial flavoring (often to appeal to children) and preservatives to extend the shelf life and mean less stock wastage. Less stock wastage leads to increased profits.
If you need yet another example of why one a day vitamins don’t work then you’ll be interested to know that to fit so many vitamins into one pill requires a special process which compresses it all down. This tightly packed pill is very hard for your body to digest and in fact, X-rays have shown that they sometimes never reach the stomach, never dissolve and never give you the benefits the commercials claim they will. All they do is give you expensive, nutrient-rich toilet water!
Las 3 Acciones Esenciales para Medio Ambiente que no Encontratarás en los aditivos
Reducir, Reutilizar y Reciclar son las
The premise of one a days is that you get your daily amounts of vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, B12, folic acid, calcium and a few other minerals like chromium, selenium and magnesium.
While these ingredients are certainly necessary, they are not enough to promote overall health and wellbeing. You need powerful antioxidant ingredients to help overcome the stresses of life, environmental toxins and the lack of nutrients in our food.
So guess what? To get that, you’d need another supplement to complement one-a-days! Why not ditch them all together and pick a supplement which gives you all the vitamins and minerals you need, plus the antioxidants essential to good health, energy and happiness?
Here are just four (of a long list) of essential ingredients that you will never find in one a day vitamins.
- CoQ10, also known as Coenzyme Q10 or ubiquinol. Like all antioxidants, CoQ10 has a massive impact on inflammation and oxidative stress, which are two pretty huge factors for heart complications and diseases. It also promotes a healthier heart by reducing bad cholesterol (and increasing good cholesterol – there is such a thing!) and it also improves the health of patients awaiting heart surgery. It is a phenomenal ingredient that everyone should be getting daily.
- Green tea. I’m pretty sure you’ve heard of green tea, but did you know that it can lower your risk of lung cancer by 18%? Or that it boosts your metabolism to increase weight loss? If you didn’t know these things then you also didn’t know that people who take green tea daily have a 16% less chance of dying from cardiovascular heart disease. All this from one ingredient used for centuries in herbal medicine.
- Astaxanthin. Known as the world’s most powerful natural antioxidant, astaxanthin has a long list of benefits; including cancer prevention, improving your liver function, lowering your risk of diabetes, boosting your brain and memory power, preventing premature aging and, of course, a lower risk of heart disease. As antioxidants go, astaxanthin is about ten times as effective as other antioxidant ingredients.
- Alpha lipoic acid. Like astaxanthin, alpha lipoic acid is one of the very few antioxidants that can reach into every cell of your body, which is especially beneficial to cross the blood-brain barrier and promote a healthier brain function. Unlike astaxanthin though, ALA actually enhances the antioxidant power of other ingredients to fight free radical cell damage and has been proven to boost energy, treat liver toxins, inhibit diseases like HIV and much more besides.
These are the kind of ingredients you should be seeking in your supplements, instead of looking for quick fix, one a day vitamins.
One a day supplements make you believe that they are all you need. The truth is that you need the above antioxidants, essential fatty acids from omega 3 fish oil, and extra vitamins and supplements like vitamin D and probiotic floras for a healthy gut.
Who Is Making The One a Day Vitamins That You See Advertised?
Be very skeptical when researching a company to get your vitamins from. While there are few companies that were started by someone who simply wanted to improve their health through nutrition to live a longer, happier life (I use one of these companies for my supplements) there are dozens of supplement manufacturers that are owner by multi-billion dollar corporations.
The first type of company will know first hand what you need and want from your supplements, because they have a keen interest in health – just like you.
The corporations though, have a different agenda. The one a day vitamins were created by this second group to appeal to our emotional hotspots of wanting to get healthy as quickly as possible. One vitamin pill a day is a fantastic selling point!
It gets worse too, because these corporate manufacturers have only one motivation. Increased profits. This is a stark contrast to the first company who genuinely want you to be healthier and live a longer, better life. To increase profits, many companies will:
- Outsource production to another company – and while these companies may have trained doctors on staff, they very often lack the pharmaceutical knowledge and background to provide the best quality products.
- Include synthetic, inactive ingredients that are chosen specifically to lower production costs and increase profits for their most important interest – the shareholders.
- Sell to your emotional hotspots with expensive commercials and ads in an effort to make you believe that good health and a long life is as easy as popping just one little pill a day.
- Cut corners on manufacturing processes due to a loophole in FDA regulations which views vitamins as a food rather than a supplement. Many manufacturers don’t even follow pharmaceutical GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) guidelines.
When given a choice, I know which company I would choose every single time.
Cual es la solución?
Por supuesto Reducir, Reutilizar y Reciclar junto con Criterios de Producción y Consumo Sustentable